In partnership with the Student Government Association, Transportation and Parking Services (TPS) optimized UGA bus routes to improve transportation service to the campus community. Riders will see changes to four UGA bus routes: Health Sciences, Milledge, Riverbend-South Milledge, and Vet Med. Additionally, to improve traffic flow and safety on College Station Road, UGA buses will no longer stop at the Visitor’s Center. Service for this area will be provided at the University Health Center stop on northbound East Campus Road.
Athens-Clarke County has also made changes to their bus routes. Please be sure to visit their website for ACC bus route information.
Route changes effective August 13, 2018:
To increase frequency of bus service, the number of stops serviced on Prince Avenue has changed to four. In place of on-demand stopping, the buses will always stop at the following locations:
- Grady Ave.
- Chase St.
- Delta Tau Delta at Nacoochee Street
In response to campus feedback, we added the stop at Chase St. on Prince Ave back to our eastbound route. An additional bus was also added to this route starting at 8:45am (previously 9:15AM).
Athens Transit will service any stops that were removed from the UGA route.
- The HS route will service southbound Milledge Avenue. After the bus leaves Piedmont/ARMC the route will turn down Milledge Avenue and stop at the following locations:
- Lucy Cobb
- Clarke Central High School
- Springdale Street
- Oakland Avenue
The route turns left onto Lumpkin St.
- Stops serviced on Lumpkin St.
- Rutherford St.
The bus will resume current route at Snelling bus stop.
Next stop after Gilbert Hall stop is the UGA President’s House on Prince Ave.
This route was redesigned to allow buses to make more right-hand turns, therefore reducing traffic congestion and increasing the frequency at which buses can provide service. In response to customer feedback, the Milledge route includes service to the Tate Center.
The Milledge route will service the northbound side of Milledge (the HS route will service the southbound side)
- Oakland St. stop on the Delta Delta Delta side.
- Rutherford St. stop
- Peabody St. stop
- Henderson St. stop
- Waddell St. stop
After the bus leaves the Main Library stop the route will go by Tate Center and resume current route at the Georgia Center stop.
Riverbend-South Milledge Route
- Two 15 passenger vans will be placed into service by the Spring semester. This change creates efficiency by redirecting larger buses to routes with higher demand.
Vet Med Route
- This route will serve the new Park-and-Ride lot