Transportation and Parking Services is working closely with Auxiliary Services and the University to ensure we all return to a safe and healthy environment by adhering to social distancing guidelines and paying special attention to the sanitation of parking decks and buses.
Below is a list of our sanitation and safety practices:
- Surface Sanitation
- Disinfectant sprayers will be used to sanitize parking deck stairwells overnight as well as inside each bus. The sprayers contain a solution proven to kill coronavirus (COVID-19).
- All rails and handles on buses will be wiped down with disinfecting wipes between class breaks.
- All pay meters and elevators in the parking decks will be sanitized throughout the day and overnight.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to passengers on each bus.
- Social Distancing
- A protective barrier will separate bus drivers from passengers to ensure a six-foot distance is maintained.
- Passengers will use the back entrance of the bus to maintain a proper social distance from drivers. Those needing accessible entry may notify the driver and use the front entrance.
- Occupancy on buses will be reduced to ensure crowding is kept to a minimum. Shorter bus routes will ensure buses get through campus more quickly.
- Passengers are required to wear face coverings while riding a bus.
- Employee Safety
- Employees will maintain proper social distancing and PPE use.
- Congregation in break rooms will be limited.
- Alternative use of timeclocks will be provided to reduce surface contact.
- Regular handwashing will be highly encouraged.
- The number of employees riding in state vehicles at one time will be limited. State vehicles will be wiped down with disinfecting wipes after each use.
- Drivers will be assigned to one bus or van to limit the number or driver rotations in a single vehicle.
- Additional Resources
- For touchless payments, customers may use the ParkMobile app when paying for parking.
- Our new Bulldog Bike Share offers a convenient, affordable alternative to having a car on campus. You can rent an electric pedal-assist bike any time via the Gotcha app. Download the Gotcha app for iPhone or Android to get started.
- Point-to-point walking and bicycling routes may be found on the UGA app’s campus map module.
Students who need health care assistance may call the University Health Center at (706) 542-1162 or visit uhs.uga.edu.
For UGA updates and prevention visit uga.edu/coronavirus.
Parking permit registration for the 2020-2021 Academic Year is now open.
Football Parking Permit Registration
We are working closely with the University and Athletics to plan football parking logistics for the upcoming season. We are monitoring campus, local, state, and national rules and recommendations to guide our decisions and will provide updates on the status of football parking registration once they become available. Thank you for your patience.
Transportation & Parking Refunds
Parking Permit Refunds
Students with permits will receive refunds based on the days remaining on the student’s permit from March 16 forward. The following is provided as an example to demonstrate how parking permits will be refunded. The refund value will depend on your particular parking permit, so this is only an example.
|Lot E06 Permit - expires 5/10/2020||$48.00|
Calculation: $1.50 x 32 weekdays (Prorated daily value excluding weekends = $1.50/day).
Please note, the prorated value of your permit will depend on the original costs of your permit and the expiration date of your permit.
Transportation Fee Refunds
Since the Spring Semester was approximately halfway through as of March 16 (54%, to be exact), 46% of the transportation fee will be refunded. For those students who previously paid the Spring transportation fee in full they will receive a refund of $55.66 ($121 X 0.46).
If you have any questions concerning the Transportation and Parking refunds, please contact email@example.com. We will be happy to review the details of your individual parking permit refund plan with you.
UGA Bus Service
UGA Bus Services remains temporarily discontinued at this time. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate the challenges posed by COVID-19.
We look forward to serving you again soon.