Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update for the 2020 Football Season
As outlined in the September 15th statement from UGA Athletic Association, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, tailgating will not be permitted on the University of Georgia campus for the 2020 Football Season. Recognizing that fans will be traveling long distances, fans arriving for the game will be permitted to gather at their vehicle, until kick-off, for light refreshments after their travels. To better clarify the expectations for the day and to help promote a safe environment, maintain social distancing throughout campus and to follow local, state, and CDC guidelines, we are implementing the following guidelines while on campus for game days.
- All Campus Parking Lots will open 3 hours prior to kick-off with Sanford Stadium gates opening 2 hours prior to kickoff. This allows for a staggered arrival of our fans which:
- Eases vehicular congestion on local roads.
- Eases pedestrian congestion so that social distancing can occur while limiting wait times at the stadium gates for our fans.
- We are encouraging fans to enter the stadium early and will have concessions stands open when the gates are open.
- Remember, our team needs everyone in Sanford Stadium cheering as they arrive.
- Parking lots controlled by the Athletic Association will only be accessible to those who have game tickets and a parking pass. All other campus parking lots will only be accessible to those who have game tickets.
- Gatherings are limited to family members or those with whom fans have traveled and plan to sit with in the stadium.
- No loitering
- The following items are prohibited:
- Amplified music
- Grills or cookers of any type
- Coolers (unless contained inside the vehicle)
- Golf carts or ATVs
- Everyone will need to wear a mask (face coverings) and maintain social distancing when around others outside their group attending the game.
Please understand for the Bulldog Nation to have a fun and successful season, which is desired by all, everyone will need to do their part to meet these expectations. Thank you for being a part of the team effort to have an exciting and safe football season.