UGA Bus Service
About 6 million passenger trips are operated by the UGA bus service each year.
Riding the bus is one of the best ways to get around campus. The system carries a greater volume of passengers than any other University transit system in the United States. Campus Transit provides bus and para-transit services to the UGA campus. Weekday, night, and weekend routes are available to all UGA community members. Keeping track of the next available bus is easy through UGA’s mobile app available on Apple and Android devices and at routes.uga.edu.
Anyone with a valid UGA ID can also ride Athens Transit for free.
UGA bus routes are subject to change based on campus need. Live track the bus on the UGA App or on routes.uga.edu for the most accurate information. Limited bus service is provided during university holidays, Maymester, and Summer sessions. Regular UGA bus service does not run during home football games or when the university is closed.
Lost and found is located at the Auxiliary Services One Stop Shop, located at Tate Plaza. Call (706) 542-9565.
Transportation and Parking Services promotes its service levels by several methods:
- Live Track the bus on the UGA app.
- View schedule information online. Holiday and break information can be found here while regular schedules can be viewed here.
- Follow Transportation & Parking on Facebook and Twitter (@UGA_TPS).
- In addition, the homepage of this website displays special announcements such as delays and detours.
UGA and Athens are well-connected to Atlanta and beyond.
Inclusion in this list is informational for the benefit of our customers and does not represent an endorsement of services provided.
For points within Athens-Clarke County, students, staff and faculty use Athens Transit fare-free with their valid UGA OneCard. Information about their services is available at the Athens Transit website.
For points in Atlanta and beyond, there are several options:
- Groome Transportation operates frequent service from the campus and other Athens locations to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Southeastern Stages operates to Atlanta, Augusta and points beyond.
- Megabus operates frequent service to Atlanta and points beyond for as little as one dollar.
All bus card requests are handled through Print & Copy Services, Room 375 Tate Student Center.
All bus cards must advertise an event sponsored by a registered student organization, a UGA department, or a U.S. government organization. Refer to the listing of registered clubs if you are unsure whether your organization is registered. The name of the sponsoring organization or department MUST appear on each poster. The Department of Campus Life reserves the right to disapprove any poster. All bus cards will be posted by employees of the Print & Copy Services.
For further information regarding prices and procedures, please refer to the Tate Print & Copy Center’s website or call them at (706) 542-8493. Please note that Auxiliary Services also reserves the right to disapprove any poster.