Parking services meets or exceeds the provisions of the ADA. Every effort will be expended to meet the needs of disabled customers.
Parking Services is dedicated to providing available parking for customers with disabilities. Customers with disabilities must have both the state issued disability placard and a UGA parking permit to utilize disability parking spaces during enforcement hours. To acquire a UGA disability permit, please follow the steps below.
- Register for parking through your online parking account.
- Submit a copy of either your state issued placard or license tag registration to your online parking account.
- If the assigned permit area does not meet your needs, please contact the parking services office - a reasonable accommodation will be made.
- A customer with disabilities may park in any disability parking space or standard space within the assigned permit area.
Transportation Services for the Mobility Impaired
Priority seating on buses and curb-to-curb van services are available as a courtesy to members of the University community who are eligible. Van service is available from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on class days. All services are available upon request for on-campus facilities. For further service and eligibility information call Paratransit at (706) 369-5991 or (706) 369-5990.
Eligibility for Paratransit Services
Accessible van service is provided by the Transportation and Parking Services and is available to eligible persons with mobility, visual, and other health-related impairments. Eligibility for use of the van service on a regular basis must be established through the Disability Resource Center in Clark-Howell Hall (706-542-8719). Students, staff and faculty with temporary conditions who desire service on a short-term basis should contact Transportation and Parking Services at (706) 369-6221. Service may be provided if space is available. Passengers with disabilities and their personal care attendants (if required) are authorized to use the van.
Scheduling Paratransit Service
We offer two types of service. Regularly scheduled service allows you to schedule trips that occur on a repeating basis over an extended period of time. On-demand service allows you to schedule trips that occur on an irregular basis or trips that will occur over a short period of time.
Service Delays and Problems
Delays and problems often occur due to traffic, weather, and patrons being late. To avoid delaying other patrons, be ready to board the van when it arrives. Call our office (706-369-5991) if your van does not arrive within five minutes of the scheduled time. Office hours are from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm. To contact us after hours, please call 706-369-6221.
Through a contractual agreement with the Athens-Clarke County Government, students, staff and faculty with disabilities who are registered to use their service may use Athens Transit “The Lift” at no charge. Athens Transit requires prior certification for users and 24-hour notice on most trips.
Visitors with Disabilities
- A state issued disability placard or license plate must be displayed to utilize disability spaces.
- Any visitor may use Campus Transit to travel to their destination. Check the bus routes or call 706-369-6220.
- All Pay decks contain conveniently located disability spaces.
- Please call 706-542-PARK should you require any accommodation.