Transportation Services for the Mobility Impaired
Priority seating on buses and curb-to-curb van services are available as a courtesy to members of the University community who are eligible. All services are available upon request for on-campus facilities.
Paratransit Van Service Schedule
Fall and Spring semesters when class is in session:
- Monday–Wednesday: 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. regular service / 7:00 p.m.–1:00 a.m. on-call service
- Thursday–Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. regular service / 7:00 p.m.–3:00 a.m. on-call service
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–3:00 a.m. on-call service
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m.– 9:00 p.m. on-call service
Intersession (see calendar here):
- Monday–Friday: 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. on-call service
- Monday–Friday: 7:00 a.m.–1:00 a.m. on-call service
For further service and eligibility information call Paratransit at (706) 369-5991
or (706) 369-5990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility for Paratransit Services
Accessible van service is provided by the Transportation and Parking Services and is available to eligible persons with mobility, visual, and other health-related impairments. Eligibility for use of the van service on a regular basis must be established through the Disability Resource Center in Clark-Howell Hall (706-542-8719). Students, staff and faculty with temporary conditions who desire service on a short-term basis should contact Transportation and Parking Services at (706) 369-6221. Service may be provided if space is available. Passengers with disabilities and their personal care attendants (if required) are authorized to use the van.
Please complete the Application for Paratransit Service (PDF) as thoroughly as possible and return to the Paratransit Office at the fifth level of the West Parking Deck.
UGA Transportation and Parking Services
146 East Cloverhurst Avenue
Athens, GA 30605
Scheduling Paratransit Service
We offer two types of service. Regularly scheduled service allows you to schedule
trips that occur on a repeating basis over an extended period of time. On-demand service
allows you to schedule trips that occur on an irregular basis or trips that will occur
over a short period of time.
Service Delays and Problems
Delays and problems often occur due to traffic, weather, and patrons being late. To
avoid delaying other patrons, be ready to board the van when it arrives. Call our
office (706-369-5991) if your van does not arrive within five minutes of the scheduled
time. Office hours are from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm. To contact us after hours, please call
Through a contractual agreement with the Athens-Clarke County Government, students, staff and faculty with disabilities who are registered to use their service may use Athens Transit “The Lift” at no charge. Athens Transit requires prior certification for users and 24-hour notice on most trips. Riders must:
- Navigate to ParaPlan Connect (https://connect.paraplansoftware.com)
- Login with email address and password. If you do not have a password, click “Use a PIN instead” and enter PIN as defined above.
- Populate Trip Request with:
- Pick Up and Drop Off Location
- Desired Pick Up OR Appointment time
- Click Request Trip.
- Verify the details and wait for email confirmation.
- Click Request return trip to book a second leg if needed.
Visitors with Disabilities
- A state issued disability placard or license plate must be displayed to utilize disability spaces.
- Any visitor may use Campus Transit to travel to their destination. Check the bus routes or call (706) 369-6220.
- All Pay decks contain conveniently located disability spaces.
- Please call (706) 542-PARK should you require any accommodation.
Paratransit/ADA Feedback and Complaints
Please fill out this form.
ADA Compliance Contact